We are inviting abstracts from conference attendees who wish to present a poster based on the broad conference theme of using food-based interventions to improve health. (please note that the theme of this conference is food, not nutritional supplements) Guidelines are below and submissions should be directed to Amanda King at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Innovative clinical, community, social or media based interventions or initiatives which have used food to improve health in some way
• Research into the effects of food or food based interventions on health
• Examples of innovative ways of presenting food-based health messages
• Examples of policy changes or commissioning strategies which enable food to take a more central role in health creation
• Other topics based on the conference theme will also be considered
As well as considering research abstracts we also welcome the submission of reports/descriptions of interventions which contain some evaluation of their effectiveness. The word limit is 250 words (excluding references). All abstracts must be written in English.
Criteria on which the abstracts will be assessed:
• The abstract must be relevant to the conference theme
• The authors must ensure that abstracts are specific and coherent
• Up to three references may be cited and these must be provided using the Harvard referencing system
• Abstracts should be structured as follows: background, aims, intervention/methods, results, discussion, conclusions.
Please include the following:
• Abstract title
• Name of corresponding author, job title, postal address, telephone and email address
How to submit
Completed abstracts should be submitted as a word document by email to : email@example.com
The deadline for receipt of completed abstracts is Thursday May 5th. Abstracts will be judged by the Conference Steering Committee. Applicants whose posters are chosen for display at the conference, and will be entered for the poster prize, will be notified by Friday May 13th. NB All successful applicants must be registered to attend the conference and must display their poster in person. The prize will be judged by the Conference Steering Committee on the day of the conference
We would like to feature all accepted posters on the College of Medicine website.
Your poster must be prepared in two different formats
An A1 sized poster
An A4 sized reproduction (which should be scanned and emailed to the conference organisers by June 2nd)
A1 posters can be brought with you on the day, and on arrival a member of the team will show you to the display area. Boards will be provided. We encourage you to go for something colourful and eye-catching.
Please include your contact details on the poster for those people who may like to find out more.
Don’t forget to book your place at the event as soon as possible as tickets are selling out fast. Book here.