On Tuesday June 11th 2013 we brought together a host of doctors, scientists, healthcare experts and patients for our third Annual Conference. This page brings together some of the materials from the day.
We filmed a number of the sessions at our Annual Conference – you can watch them here.
There is also slightly more detail on some films elsewhere on the site:
- Read more about Creating Resilience and Preventing Burnout and watch the film
- Innovations Award winners 2013 Altogether Better were presented with an award at the conference. Read our interview with them and watch the film.
We have powerpoint presentations for most (but not all) speakers and two short films shown at the conference. They include:
- Material on women’s health from fertility to menopause
- Government speakers including Susan Summers and Norman Lamb MP
- Compassionate care and frontline staff
- Patient leadership
You can view them here.
This year’s conference poster competition was on the subject of self-care and drew a wide variety of entries, which explored issues as diverse as Type One Diabetes management and why doctors don’t always practice what they preach.
The winners were Sarah Davis and Eunice J Minford, and is called ‘Healthy Doctor, Healthy Patient: Evaluating the Efficacy of an Online Self-Care Programme.
The runner up was Dr Sarah Anderson et al: Can you sing for better health?
If you attended one of our workshops, read a handy list of the learning outcome here.
Many of the College’s Annual Awards were presented at the prestigious dinner following the conference. They included:
- Our Innovations Award. First prize went to Altogether Better – the three runners up were Green Dreams, the Penny Brohn Centre and Christies Hospital. Read more here
- Our self-care award went to Anya de longh – read our interview with her here shortly. Read more about Anya.
- Our Poster competition
- Our award for best student member went to Ellie Crossley